Objectives & Goals
1. All students in Kashunamiut School District will interact with Elders to help develop pride, respect, and Cup’ik Values.
- The School District will recruit elders to visit classrooms on a regular basis.
- Elders will help students to develop a sense of self-esteem and pride. learn about Yuraq, and teach students the Cup’ik culture.
2. The Kashunamiut School District will encourage classified staff to become certified teachers and strive to recruit local Chevak residents to become certified teachers and administrators.
- Continuing education courses will be offered for classified staff and other community members who want to become teachers.
- All classified staff who are interested will be provided guidance in understanding the requirements for becoming a certified teacher in high needs areas.
3. Every Middle School and High School student will explore career options and develop a career plan.
- Middle School students will explore career options and select three potential careers of interest to investigate further.
- High School students will travel to locations where they can job shadow and experience careers on their career plan.
- A support system will be developed to assist those students during their first year of transition from High School to Post-Secondary Education opportunities.
4. Kashunamiut School District will ensure that all student data will be reviewed regularly to identify and provide timely academic support.
- All students K-12 will take the MAP test three times a year to determine achievement level in reading, math and language arts.
- All students in grades K-3 that are not at grade level in reading will be provided opportunities for intervention.
- All students grades K-11 that are not at grade level in math will be provided additional support for mathematics.